Most back pain may go away itself eventually, but it may recur. With all the discomfort and difficulty of having back pain, you simply do not like it to return. That is why, prevention is important to make sure that the problem will not start or happen again.
Here are few tips in preventing backache:
- Avoid drooping when sitting or standing. Always maintain good posture.
- Make your leg muscles stronger. Remember that leg muscles help in maintaining good posture and mobility.
- Warm up before doing any activity especially before exercises. This will avoid the risk of injury.
- Consider yoga and Qigong as exercises. This is advisable to strengthen and stretch the muscles and later improve posture.
- Reduce stress. Stress will just increases tension in muscles.
- Make sure your work surfaces at home are at a cosy height.
- 30 minutes of walking, cycling, or swimming is good for people who have suffered back pain in the past.
- While sitting, you need to move around to help your muscles relax.
- Use comfy, low-heeled shoes that will give you good balance and flexibility. This will ensure alignment of your spine and body.
- To avoid stressing your shoulder, switch one side to the other as often as possible.
- Make sure you have plenty of calcium, Vitamin D, and phosphorus in your diet. These sustain new bone growth.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can be a cause of backache.
- Do not panic if you have back pain but remember to visit your doctor to resolve the issue.